Thursday, June 22, 2006

Bleh...

Woke up today at 1:30 p.m. after going to bed at around 10:30 a.m. I can't really figure it out. In a terrible mood too. That's no surprise, been in a terrible mood all week. Sick and tired of my life. Buuuut, you don't care about that.

I see a bible on the stand next to my computer. This reminds me of the Ucarist (or however it's spelled).

Had an argument recently with my father over whether or not his specific branch of Christianity believes if they're eating a 2,000 year old dead guy or not. Ultimately he pulled out that Lutherans believe in "Constansubstatiation" or some ridiculously dense word like that. Basically it's a made up term so that they can believe that the communion wafers and wine doesn't actually turn INTO Jesus, just that it gains his spirit or something. Totally ridiculous and clearly a christian attempt at trying to circumvent basic logic in order to look less insane. Not fooling me.

There's not even any support in the bible for communion. They take ONE line at the end of the last supper bit and make it into a serious tradition and claim Jesus asked them to do it. Just as there's little to no mention of church other than "fellowship with other believers" until you start getting into the ambitions of the leftover members of Jesus' following after his death.

I don't see how anyone can possibly be dense enough to believe this stuff, but... eh. These are the same people who tend to vote for Bush, so it doesn't surprise me.

No comments:

Followers