Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Syriana

I finally got around to seeing this movie. It's about the middle east, oil, and terrorism.

// SPOILERS

As a whole it had a few good ideas but was way too conspiracy theory ridden and some parts made no sense at all.

I like the idea of walking you through the life of some potential terrorists, but I don't think *real* terrorists think exactly like that. Middle-East terrorism causes are much more tied to Palestine and places where the west has interfered politically in their life, not economically. Though I guess both are possible, I don't think it's an accurate portrayal of terrorism in the modern day.

I wish they had the balls to walk you through the Israel/Palestine conflict and educate the American populace to it, but no one seems to. So, I'm not really surprised.

END SPOILERS //

I think I'd give it a C+. The movie tries very hard, and fails in a few key areas. Such as tying
all of the loose ends together at the end. It's confusing, dialogue driven, and detail heavy. Was difficult for me to follow and I usually don't have problems with that.

No comments:

Followers